Family Of 8 Escapes Trailor Fire In Boone
The Boone Fire dapartment has determined the cause of a fire that burnt a trailor in Boone. The fire began at around 4;30pm yesterday afternoon at a mobile home located at 103 Beck Court located inside the Bradford Trailor Park. The renter of the home, Melissa Santiago, said that the fire was believed to have started from an electrical outlet located in the back bedroom of the home that multiple extension cords were hooked up to. She went on to say that 4 of her 6 children were home at the time, as she rushed them outside and called for help. Firefighters from the Boone Fire Department were able to arrive before the trailor was completely consumed and were able to limit fire damage to the back bedroom. Thankful, no one was injured in the fire and the trailor only suffered minimal fire damage.