End : 12|30|2011 at: 12:00 PM
Street:591 Horn in the West Dr
Boone Farmers Market
Open Through October
Watauga County Farmers' Market will be open every Saturday through the end of October. We will also have our holiday markets on the Saturday before and after Thanksgiving from 10 - 2. Come out and see us! You will find us at the Horn in the West. Take 105 Extension. Turn at the new First Citizens Bank onto Horn Avenue. Go 500 feet up the hill and we are on the left.
Opening date for the Watauga County Farmers' Market will be May 7 at Horn in the West. There will be a cleanup day for vendors on April 30 at the market location starting at 9am. We are looking forward to another successful season and hope to see all of you there.
The market will be in it's usual location and after that will move to the new home in 2012. While it is sad to leave such a beautiful location that we have occupied for over 30 years, we hope the larger space which will include more parking spaces will make shopping at the market more convenient and pleasant for everyone.
Applications for members are posted on the website. You can read the general procedures for joining the market at How To Join the Market and access the applications from that page.
The Watauga County Farmers' Market has been in operation since 1974, and is located at the Horn In The West in Boone, North Carolina. The market is a direct link between our local farmers and the consumer. Local support for farming allows increased awareness of good land practices, preservation of rural landscapes and lifestyles, and the minimal use of pesticides. The members of the farmers' market are proud of the high quality products we sell. We hope you will enjoy coming to the market as much as we do!
Market Going Tips
- Bring small bills so that making change is easier for sellers. Checks are generally accepted, most vendors are not set up to take credit cards.
- Many shoppers bring large bags or baskets to consolidate their purchases.
- Most vendors are happy to recycle or reuse: egg cartons, flower pots, berry baskets and bags.
- Please DO NOT bring pets into the market area. Service animals are welcome.
- Bring a picnic. Enjoy Horn In The West's picnic area or the nearby Boone Park. Desserts, fruits, vegetables, cheeses, bread and coffee are usually sold at the market.
We have the High Country's finest selection of:
- Quality produce from local growers
- Fresh fruits and berries in season, jams, jellies, mustard and honey
- Fresh herbs and herbal products, including teas, salves, vinegars, soap and potpourri
- Flowers, fresh-cut and dried, wreaths and arrangements
- Fresh baked breads, cakes and pastries from our country kitchens
- Fresh farm eggs
- Farm based crafts: wool, birdhouses, pottery, baskets and handcrafted yard art and garden furniture
- A large selection of plants, including annuals, perennials and shrubs
- New and unique items every week